Wednesday 3 September 2014

Les Paul DIY kit (Part VI: Assembly)

This is a rather short part VI of my DIY Les Paul kit build log, because fitting and screwing in the machine heads, mounting the neck to the body, screwing the strap buttons to the body and finally the covers for the cavities was surprisingly quick and painless. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

The nearly finished guitar in full glory.

Front of the guitar. Note shiny finish.
Back of the guitar with neck shield, covers, and strap button.
After all the setbacks I had, I must say that it looks way better than I anticipated. I'm quite pleased with the result.

OK, next will be stringing, tuning, and intonation of the guitar. I'll need to check a few YouTube videos to learn how it's done. Until then: stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment